The role of the underground mechanic is to provide preventative maintenance and repairs to diesel, electrical, hydraulic, and air operated equipment. The mechanic is expected to work as part of a team to troubleshoot issues and find a solution in a safe, efficient manner. They must exhibit strong attention to detail and comprehension of written and verbal instructions distributed by the Lead Mechanic.
- Valid Ontario Mechanic License or equivalent
- Ontario Hard Rock Underground Common Core
- Previous underground mechanic experience
- Knowledge of underground equipment
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems as required
- Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to conduct pre-access testing as a condition of employment
Location: Williams Mine Site, Musselwhite, Lac Des Isles
Schedule: Varies upon location.
- Determined based on experience
- Bonus is a set rate